Hicksons found in Cheshire, England:
These are the Heads of families only, that is, my Brick Walls.
If the person for whom you are searching is not there, it may be because I already know his parentage.
If you would like more details of Hicksons in any particular place please
includes Macclesfield and Birtles as sub-districts.
It is situated between Great Warford and Mottram St Andrew.
- Mary Higson, born 1679 married Hugh Guidman 6 JAN 1699/00, in Alderley
- Alice Hickson, born 1752 of Wilmslow married Ephraim Ridgway 2 NOV 1773, in Alderley
- Samuel Hickson, born 1758, married Elizabeth Baskerville 1 JUN 1779, in Alderley
- Sarah Hickson, born 1759 married James Baskerville 8 FEB 1780, in Alderley
- John Hickson was born 1829 in Alderley
- Elisa Hickson married John Webb early 1870s in St Mary, Alderley
Baddiley is situated between Chorley near Macclesfield, Wrenbury, Ashton by Sutton and Nantwich
- William Hicson married Jane Wall 14 JAN 1717/18, in Baddiley
- Mary Hickson married John Vernon 22 JUN 1784, in Baddiley
- Alice Hickson was born 1866 in Baddiley (1881 census)
Is this Barley in Cheshire?
- Thomas son of John Hykson of Barley, by title of the abbot and convent of Beauchief, to all holy orders.
Source Lichfield Joint Record Office.
There were no Hicksons in Batherton which is situated between
but there was a Hicks, namely
George Hicks, born 1845 in Tattenhall,
who married Jane, born 1853 in Burslem, Staffordshire.
Bebington is on the Wirral Peninsula, situated between
- Richus. Hickson was baptised 1633 and his sister, Margareta, in 1635, both in Bebington.
They were children of Johis. Hickson
Birtles is near
and near to Tatton Park entrance.
- David Hickson married Elizabeth Anderton 1842 in Macclesfield
Their 9 children were born 1845 to 1858.
David was a farmer living at Birtles Hall Farm
- David & Sarah Hickson (born 1816 Sandyway & 1819 Macclesfield) were farmers in Birtles.
Their 5 children were born 1854 to 1862.
They were found in the 1881 census
- Were these Davids one and the same person?
Blakenhall is situated between
- James & Frances Hickson (born 1828 & 1835 both in Wybunbury) lived in Blakenhall with their 6 children
Bollin Fee, Pownall Fee, Chorley
and Fulshaw joined together and became known as Wilmslow.
- Frederick Higson, born 1840 in Salford, married Jane.
He was a solicitor and lived at The Gables, Bollin Fee
Bollington is situated near
- Miles Hickson, born 1837 in Bollington, married Sarah
- George H Hickson was born 1857 in Bollington
- Walter Hickson, born 1860 in Bollington
- Mary Ellen Hickson, born 1862 in Bollington
- William Hickson, born 1862 in Bollington
- William Hickson, married late 1880s, in Holy Cross, Hurdsfield, married Mary Jane Jones.
They lived in the district of Bollington
- Harry Hickson, born 1868 in Bollington
- Maude Elizabeth Hickson, born 1875 in Bollington
- Bertha Hickson, born 1886 in Bollington
Bosley is situated on the Cheshire/Staffordshire border near
North Rode and
- Isaac Hickson married Emily Mary Heapy in St Mary, Bosley in the late 1880s (Cheshire BMD)
- John Hickson married Ann Birch. Their son, John, was born 1843 in Broadheath
- John & Ann Higson of Bowden, Broadheath, had 2 children, Elizabeth & William, born 1838 & 1840
Buglawton is situated between
and North Rode.
- Mary Hickson married William Howell, 1855, in St John, Buglawton
Byley is a township in Middlewich parish.
In 1936 the civil parish was extended to include part of
See also Cranage.
- Elizabeth Ann Hickson married Joseph Hancock late 1870s in St John, Byley cum Lees
Castle Northwich is part of Northwich
- Mrs Sarah Hickson, the wife of William Hickson of Castle Northwich, was buried 7th February 1745
in Weaverham parish
Clive is part of Winsford.
- Samuel Hickson was born 1864 in Birkenhead. In 1881 he was a farm servant working in Clive
Disley Stanley in on the Cheshire/Derbyshire
border near Mellor, New Mills and Hayfield
- Samuel & Betsy Hickson lived with their family in Disley Stanley, one of whom was born there in 1870
Dukinfield is on the Cheshire/Lancashire border situated between
Ashton under Lyne
- Harriet Higson was born 1814 in Congleton. She was a Beer & Wine seller in Dukinfield
- William Higson, born ca 1818, was a shop keeper & dealer in Groceries & sundries in Dukinfield
- William Higson, born 1825 in Dukinfield, was a Warehouseman, living in Ashton under Lyne in 1881
- were these two Williams the same person, and possibly a brother to Harriet?
- William Higson, born 1844 in Dukinfield, married Maria Willett.
He was a railway porter in Cheltenham in 1881
- George Higson, born 1879, was living in Dukinfield in 1881 with grandfather, Peter Webb
Foxwist Green, Whitegate,
- Ellen Hickson was born 1849 in Knutsford and was living in Foxwis Green in 1851
- Elizabeth Hickson was born 1853 in Mobberley. She was working for the Hewitt family at Foxwist Green in 1871
Gawsworth is situated between
- Samuel Hickson married Susannah Lomas 1836 in Prestbury. Their children were born in Gawsworth
- Mary Hickson married Abraham Lomas 1836 in Gawsworth
- Elizabeth Hickson married Samuel Daintry 1841 in St James, Gawsworth
- Martha Hickson married John Bancroft 1842 n St James, Gawsworth
- Thomas William Hickson was born 1850 in Gawsworth
Hassall is situated between
- John Hickson who married Ann Steele in 1818 in Sandbach, lived with their family in Hassall or Hassall Green
Hoole lies just 1 mile from the historic City of Chester.
There is a place called Much Hoole in Lancashire.
- Thomas Hickson married Alice Clough 1700 in Plemstall. They lived in Hoole
- William H Hickson married Annie L Rogers late 1890s in All Saints, Hoole
Hurdsfield is surrounded by
- Mrs Mary Hickson, born 1819, lived with her 3 children, Mary J, Rosa & John J, in Hurdsfield
- Joseph Hickson married Elizabeth Kennedy late 1850s at St Peter, Prestbury
- John T Higson, born 1855 in Stalybridge, lived in Hurdsfield
- William Hickson married Mary Jane Jones late 1880s in Holy Cross, Hurdsfield
is a township in Middlewich parish.
In 1936 the civil parish was extended to include part of Leese.
See also Cranage.
- Miss Martha Hickson, born 1845 in Plumbley, was a visitor to Leese in 1881
Liscard is situated near Wallasey
on the The Wirral Peninsula
- Levinia Hickson, born 1872 in Liverpool, was a "nurse girl" in Liscard in 1881
Lostock Gralam is situated between
- John Hickson, born 1815 in Barnton, married Mary Sandbach. He was a waterman. In 1881 he was a boarder
at Witton cum Twanbrook, near Lostock Gralam
- Samuel Hickson, born 1831 in Barnton, married Mary. He was also a waterman and in 1881 was living
at Witton cum Twanbrook, near Lostock Gralam
- Joseph Hickson married Ann Littler erly 1890s, in St John, Lostock Gralam
Mossley lies just over the hill from
Ashton under Lyne.
Before it became a borough in 1885, Mossley
was divided between three counties.
Top & Bottom Mossley were in Lancashire, part was in West Yorkshire and
the part to the east of the River Tame, including Micklehurst, was in Cheshire.
- Elizabeth Hickson married William Harrison early 1870s in Holy Trinity, Mossley (Cheshire BMD)
- Mary J Hickson married Joseph G Fogg late 1870s in Holy Trinity, Mossley (Cheshire BMD)
Newton In Makerfield was a township in the parish of
Winwick in 1835
- Peter & Margaret Higson, born 1827 & 1830 in Lowton, Lancashire, were present at the 1881 census
- William & Mary Hickerson, born 1830 & 1833 in Tarporley, lived at 4 High Street, Newton in Makerfield
North Rode is situated between
- Charles Hickson married Frances Kelsall 1851 in North Rode
- Charles Hickson married Mary Ford late 1850s at St Michael, North Rode
- Charles Hickson of North Rode died 20th April 1880 in Congleton. His wife, Mary, was his executor
- Is this the same Charles Hickson?
- Thomas Hickson, born 1846 in Middlewich, (who married Ann Brookes in 1869) died 1883 in "Odd Rode".
He was the son of John Hickson
Northendon is on the Cheshire/Lancashire border situated between
- Henry Higson, born 1817, was living with his siblings, Thomas, born 1821, Sarah, born 1829,
& Mrs Mary Darbyshire, born 1810, in Northendon Road, Hazelhurst,
Northedon at the 1881 census
Puddington on the
is situated between
- Thomas Hickson, a farmer of Puddington, Probate / Admon 1840
Sutton. See also Aston-by-Sutton
- Peter Hickson, of Sutton, was buried 1768 in Aston Chapelry
- Samuel Hickson, of Sutton, had his daughter, Margrett, baptised 1715 in Ashton by Sutton
- Daniel Hickson, of Prestbury or Sutton, born ca 1756, married Mary Dawson 1781 in Prestbury
- Elizabeth Hickson had a son, Henry, 1845 in Sutton
- Mary Hickson married Isaac Bailey late 1850s in St George, Sutton
- Hannah Hickson was born 1849 in Sutton (Cheshire BMD)
- Emily Hickson was born 1855 in Sutton (Cheshire BMD)
- Lawrence Hickson married Gertrude Leech 1907 in St George, Sutton
Tushingham cum Grindley is situated between
- Albert Hickson married Sarah A Green late 1890s in St Chad, Tushingham
Wallasey on the extreme end of the
is situated near Liscard
- Elizabeth Ann Hickson was born 1852 in Wallasey (Cheshire BMD)
- Margaret Hickson was born 1853 in Wallasey (Cheshire BMD)
- William Henry Hickson was born 1855 in Wallasey (Cheshire BMD)
- Are these three siblings?
Warmingham, perhaps mispelt Warmington sometimes, is situated between
- James Hickson of Warford - probate 1705, Will & Inventory in Warmingham
- Samuel Hickson married Elizabeth Joynson 1761 in Warmington, Cheshire
- John Hickson married Elizabeth Pickin 1762 in Warmingham
- George Hickson married Elizabeth Dudley 1849 in St Leonard, Warmington, Cheshire
Wettenhall is situated between
- John James Hickson married Fanny Louisa Hulse late 1890s in St David, Wettenhall
Whatcroft is situated between
Byley cum Lees,
- Sarah Hickson was born 1867 in Winsford. In 1881 she was a servant in Whatcroft
Whitby, Cheshire. This is situated between
Ellesmere Port and
- Ellen Hickson married John Musgrove 1838 in St Mary's Church, Eastham. John lived at Whitby Locks
Willington is situated between
Clotton Hoofield and
- Martha Higson, born 1860 in Delamere, was a scullery maid at Willington Hall in 1881
Bollin Fee, Pownall Fee, Chorley
and Fulshaw joined together and became known as Wilmslow
- Alice Hickson, of Wilmslow, married Ephraim Ridgway 1773 in Alderley
- Jane Hickson married James Gregory 1787 in Wilmslow
- Martha Hickson married Joseph Jodrel 1796 in Wilmslow
- Mary Ann Hickson married Henry Higginbottom early 1860s in St Bartholomew, Wilmslow
- Mary A Hickson was born 1855 in Wilmslow (Cheshire BMD)
- Thomas Edward Hickson married Edith Morgan 1915 in United Reform (Alderley Rd), Wilmslow
Winnington is situated between
- John Hickson married Alice Hunt 1726 in Weaverham. He was a Joyner of Winnington
- Joseph Hickson was born 1813 in Over Tabley. He was a house servant at Winnington Hill (Census 1851)
- William Hickson was a landowner in Winnington, Northwich in 1873