Hicksons found in the various places called Ashton in Cheshire or Lancashire
Note that I have only listed the heads of families
If you would like more details of Hicksons in any particular place please
You've found someone who interests you and don't know how to get more information?
Send me a message telling me as much as you know about this family and I will try
to help you by telling you all I know
For more information contact: Anthony Hickson
Ashton is surrounded by
- Robert Hickson of Tarvin/Ashton, Cheshire, probate 1619
- Mary Ann Hickson died 1839
- Giles Higson married unknown 1869 "in Ashton"
- William Hickson married unknown 1870 "in Ashton"
Aston by Sutton (not Ashton by Sutton) is just south of
Chorley near Macclesfield,
Acton by Nantwich,
Hatherton and north of
See also Sutton.
- Margaret Hixon/Hickson, daughter of Samuel Hickson of Sutton, was baptised 1715 in Aston by Sutton
- Rachel Hixon married Henry Lamb 1751
Ashton upon Mersey is very close to
Sale and and is situated midway between
- John Higson married Margaret Dean 1760
- Ellen Higson married John Cheetham in 1789
- Elizabeth Hickson married Thomas Shawcross in 1812
- James Higson married Mary Hampson in 1813
- Margaret Hickson married James Davenport in 1814
- Thomas Higson, a gamekeeper, was born 1801
- William (1840) and Martha (1843) Higson were living in Ashton in 1881. He was a Farm Bailiff.
- Sarah A Higson, daughter of John & Ellen, was born 1873 in Ashton. They were living in Altringham in 1881
- Agnes and Anne Hickson, daughters of Richard & Anne, were baptised 1804 & 1806 in Park Lane Presbyterian
- John Hickson was born 1816 "in Ashton, Lancashire". He lived in Manchester
- Benjamin Hickson, born ca 1825, lived with his family including
two sons, Thomas & James, in Stubshaw Cross & Ashton in Makerfield.
- William Higson was born 1830 (and his wife, Mary, 1833) in Ashton in Makerfield. They moved to Pemberton.
- Thomas and Martha Hickson were living at Haydock, near Ashton in 1861
- William (1833) and Sarah (1837) Hickson and all their children were born in Ashton
- Mrs Mary Hickson (1835) and her daughter, Elizabeth, (1857) were born and lived in Ashton
- Hannah Hickson married unknown 1871 in Ashton in Makerfield
- Daniel Higson married unknown 1871 in Ashton in Makerfield
- Mary Ann Higson married unknown 1871 in Ashton in Makerfield
- Elizabeth Hickson was born 1854 in Ashton.
- James Hickson married Elizabeth Kilshaw 1875 in Ashton.
- John & Elizabeth (Betty) Hickson had their children baptised at St Michael between 1800 & 1814
- Millicent Hickson married Joseph Pearson 1822 at St Michael
- Charles Hickson, son of Charles & Betty, was baptised 1817 in St Michael. He married Margaret Griffiths
- John Hickson was born 1817 in Northwich, Cheshire. He lived with his wife, Jane, in Ashton under Lyne
- Peter Higson was born 1823 in Ashton under Lyne and lived there with his wife, Ellen
- William Higson, born 1825 in Dukinfield, were living with his two daughters, Betsy & Martha, in Ashton
under Lyne in 1881.
- Thomas Higson was born (1828) and lived in Ashton under Lyne with his wife, Mary, and family
- Mrs Betty Higson (1832) and her children, Violetta, Mary & Richard, were born in Ashton (1854, 1861 & 1868).
- Mrs Martha Higson (1841) and her five children, were born and lived in Ashton. Where was her husband at
the 1881 census?
- Charles (1842) & Catherine (1841) Higson were living in Ashton in 1881 with their four children.
- David (1843) & Jane (1847) Higson were living in Ashton in 1881 with their four children.
- William Hickson was born 1849 in Ashton. He was living with his wife, Emma, and family in Salford in 1881.
- Ann Hickson, born 1851 in Manchester, was living in Ashton in 1881
- Siblings, Jane L (1851), William (1855), Elizabeth (1860), Charles E (1863) and their cousin, Annie L
all surnamed HIGSON were living together in Ashton in 1881.
- John & Emma Higson (both born 1853) were living in Ashton in 1881
- Samuel (1853) & Sarah (1843) Higson were living in Ashton in 1881
- Thomas & Sarah A Higson were both born 1857 in Todmorden. They were living in Ashton in 1881.
- Edwin & Georgina Higson (1852 & 1862) were living in Ashton in 1881.
Aston juxta Budworth or Aston by Budworth is situated between
- John Hickson, husbandman. Probate 18 May 1697.
- George Hickson was born 1868 in Aston. He worked as a farm servant
- Mary Hickson was buried 12 January 1777 in Aston
- Richard Hixon married Sarah Bourne 1769 in Aston juxta Birmingham
- Mary Hickson married John Cadman 20 October 1777 in Aston juxta Birmingham
- Joanna Hixon married Richard Ellett 1788 in Aston juxta Birmingham
- Thomas Hickson was born 1808 in Cambridgeshire.
He was a baker and lived at 2 1/2 Ludgate Hill, Aston.
He had a daughter, Sophia born 1846 in Cambridgeshire
- Elizabeth Hickson, born 1828 in Birmingham, was a servant in Aston in 1881
- Ann Hickson married James Taylor 1851 in Aston juxta Birmingham
- Mary Ann Hickson married John Neal 1855 in Aston juxta Birmingham
- Richard, born 1850 in Wolverhampton, & Jane Hickson were lodgers in Aston in 1881