Hicksons found in the County of Hertfordshire, England:
These are the Heads of families only, that is, my Brick Walls.
If the person for whom you are searching is not there, it may be because I already know his parentage.
If you would like more details of Hicksons in any particular place please
You've found someone who interests you and don't know how to get more information?
Send me a message telling me as much as you know about this family and I will try
to help you by telling you all I know
For more information contact: Anthony Hickson
- Thomas Hickson married Sarah Wright 1827 in East Barnet
- Alice Hickson, daughter of Mrs Eliza Ann Hickson, was born 1869 in East Barnet.
The family lived in South Mimms.
Flamstead is situated between
- Thomas Hickson, born ca 1650, may have been born in Woodside, Staffordshire, but no trace of this
birth has yet been found. There was another Hickson couple (Thomas & Katherine)
married in St Albans Abbey in 1647 who could
have been his parents, but again there is no proof. He was a blacksmith, and by all appearances
a pillar of the local society. He lived in Caddington where he died, but he and his family had
land in Flamstead and Markyate. He married Marie Osborn 1673 in St Albans Abbey.
- John Hixon, son of Thomas Hixon, was buried 1702 in Flamstead "according to Act of Parlyment As
by Sartivcat by Mr John Lord".
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
- Elizabeth Hickson was found in Hatfield, Ickleford & Berkhamsptead between 1733 & 1814 (Ashridge Collection)
- Thomas Hickson - Personal Name Index 1714-1814, Hatfield. Includes Probate Will.
- John Hickson died 1844 in "Hatfield & Co"
- John Hickson died 1847 in "Hatfield & Co"
- A branch of the Hicksons of Caddington & Markyate moved to Hatfield in about 1780
- Thomas & Sarah Hickson had their daughters, Maria baptised 1790 and
Mary Ann baptised a year later and their son, John baptised 1795 in Hatfield
- William J Hickson was born 1861 in Hatfield