Places in Northumberland where Hicksons have been found.
Contact me and I will give you more information about any of the people
in these places and their descendants.
You've found someone who interests you and don't know how to get more information?
Send me a message telling me as much as you know about this family and I will try
to help you by telling you all I know
For more information contact: Anthony Hickson
- Berwick upon Tweed
- Birdhope Craig
- Haydon Bridge
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- North Shields
- Springwell (Co Durham)
If you would like anymore information please e-mail
- Ann Hixen, daughter of William, was baptised 1677 in Allendale
- Rachel Hixson married Thomas Craig 1703 in Allendale
- Elizabeth Hickson married Robert Gray 1813 in Biddleston Hall RC, Alwinton
- Joseph Hixon or Hickson and Sarah Dixon had their children, Robert, Mary, Sarah & Frances,
baptised 1836-1846 in Bellingham. They also had a son Thomas, but I have not found a record of his baptism.
He was born 1855, also in Bellingham.
- Allery Hixson married Cintha Howard 10th December 1828. They are described as "of Bellingham, NORFOLK".
As I can't find a place called Bellingham in Norfolk, I presume that this is a mistake for Northumberland.
Thomas Hickson was a Musician in the City of London. He had a son called Charles in 1779 who came
to Newcastle as an apprentice to study wood engraving. His apprenticeship was cancelled in October 1800.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]