Heads of Hickson families who have been found in Ireland:
If you would like more details of Hicksons in any particular person or family please
Ireland sorted by County
Ireland sorted first name
Please may I emphasize that that names in these web pages do not represent all the
names that I have in my records (I have over seventy thousand of which at least half are Hicksons).
They are only the names of those at the head of each tree - the person at which I have got stuck!
These are my brick walls. So if you don't see the person for whom you are looking, please do contact
- John Hickson of Kilshanig, Co Kerry - from "Co Kerry, Past & Present" - prior to 1600
- John Hickson of Bridge Street, Co Kerry - from "Co Kerry, Past & Present" - prior to 1600
- John Hickson of Churchfield, Co Kerry - from "Co Kerry, Past & Present" - prior to 1600
- Stephen Hickson married Elizabeth Spring ca 1560
- The Rev Christopher Hickson was born in Cambridgeshire and moved to
Ireland in 1553. (Another source
says he came from Cambridge University in 1593 with an M.A.. Was he born
in 1553?) - I have an enormous tree of his descendants.
- Robert Hickson of Ardamore, Co Kerry - from "Co Kerry, Past & Present" - prior to 1600
- described as "Mary & Edward" Hickson in "Co Kerry, Past & Present" - prior to 1600
- George Hickson of New Street, Co Kerry - before 1600
- George Hickson of Woodville, Co Kerry - before 1600
- James Hickson - ex "Co Kerry, Past & Present" - prior to 1600; of Deerpark, Lispole, Dingle
- James Hickson - ex Mary Agnes Hickson's book
- James Hickson of Tralee in 1757
- James Hickson, Kerry in 1765
- Thomas Hickson, born 1680 in Dingle, married Hannah ca 1708, Dingle
- Robert Hickson (1683-1756), born in Dingle, married Barbara Trant
- Has anyone seen an entry for Robert Hickson in Burke's Landed Gentry, 1864? If so please let me know
- Burke's Peerage for 1875 says "Robert, ancester of the family of Ballintaggart."
- James Hickson, Surgeon of Dingle. Will 1784
- John Hickson, Apothecary of Tralee. Will 1785
- James Hickson, Merchant of Tralee. Probate 1788
You've found someone who interests you and don't know how to get more information?
Send me a message telling me as much as you know about this family and I will try
to help you by telling you all I know
For more information contact: Anthony Hickson
- Garrett Hickson married Ellen Harris and had a son, Robert, in 1726 in Kildrom (Killney?)
- William Hickson, Barrister of Dublin. Did he die un 1891?
- James Hickson, born ca 1719 somewhere in Ireland
- Edward Hickson, born 1720, married Pracentia Keith. He died 1788
- James Hickson married Ann Hilliard 1743 in Mashin
- Michaele Hickson, born 1723, married Margarita Hogan. They lived in Co Limerick
- Edward Hickson married Frances Wilson of Cashel. He must have been born 1725-1730
- Honoria Hickson, born ca 1729 in Ballinvoher, Co Kerry
- Robert Hickson (1740-1797). Ex Wills of Ireland
- George Hickson, Attorney, 1811 in Tralee
- Robert Hickson, Magistrate of Tralee in 1811, had a son called Robert
- Robert Hickson, Woollen Draper, 1811 in Tralee
- Mary Hickson married Crosbie Morgell 1711 in Rathkeale
- Robert Hickson (1750-1800). Ex Wills of Ireland, Cork
- John Spring Hickson. Ship owner of Blennerville & Tralee, Co Kerry
- Dr Hickson - noted from "Kings Irish Bibliography" 1875 - or was it Dr Dickson?
- James Hickson, Barrister at Law, Dublin - Ex Post Office Directory 1849
- William Hickson, Barrister at Law, Dublin - Ex Post Office Directory 1849
- James Hickson of Tralee. Information 1757
- John Christopher Hickson of Co Kerry was in prison (no date)
- John & Elizabeth Hixon had a son, Thomas, baptised 1792 in Waterford
- John Hickson, Attorney, married Prosser 1782 in "Ireland". Ex Directories & the "Hibernican Magazine"
- There were 2 siblings, Thomas & Edward Hickson
- Thomas (1771-1857) married Agnes. He was buried in St John, New Brunswick, Canada
- Edward of Co Kerry. His children emigrated to New Brunswick, Canada
- Hilliard Hickson married Eleanor Denny 1783 in Mallow parish, Cork. Several Hicksons married into the
Hilliard family. Does anyone know who his parents were?
- John Hickson, Barrister at Law, Dublin. Ex Post Office Directory 1849
- Richard & Mary Hickson had a daughter, Bridget, baptised 1803 in Crossmolina, Co Mayo
- Robert Hickson of Dingle House, Dingle, 1814, from "Notable Irish Places"
- George Hickson of Hillville, Co Kerry - no dates - from "Notable Irish Places"
- William Hickson Barrister of Dublin from the "Dublin Almanac" 1846
- Edward & Rosanne Hickson had a son, William, in Droumavally, Co Kerry in 1804
- Edward & Martha Hickson had a son, John, baptised 1805 in Limerick
- Julia Hickson married John Castles in the parish of Tralee, 1829
- Catherine Hickson married John Courane ca 1809. They lived in Castemaine, Co Kerry
- Mr Hickson of Castle Street, died 1847 aged 70. Buried in Tralee. Which Hickson was he?
- There was a Hickson noted in "Kings Irish Bibliography" July 1975 concerning Tralee Magazine 1854-5
- William Hickson was a Land Owner in Kerry in 1876 - one of six named in "King's History of Kerry"
- John Hickson, Deputy Lieut. Co Kerry. From Dublin Almanac 1846
- Edward or Edmund Hickson had a daughter, Anne, ca 1815. Castlemaine, Co Kerry. Any relation to Catherine?
- Anne Hickson married Th. Keary and had a daughter, Catherine, baptised 1819 in Killarney
- Robert Palmer Hickson (1787-1852) married Frances Jane Parrott (1785-1879)
- John Hickson married Ellen Falvey and had a son, Michael, baptised 1821 in Killarney
- Rev George Conway Hickson had a son, James in 1802. Deerpark, Lispole, Dingle
- William Hickson was born ca 1789. Ref. Baltimore Port Passenger Arrivals 1820-1834
- Elizabeth Hickson married Henry Williamson in Tralee, 1836. One of the witnesses was called Charles Hickson
- Alice Hickson of Killorglin married Philip Kennedy 1839 in Tralee. One of the witness was John Hickson
- Ellen Hickson married William Blacking 1843 in Tralee
- Brothers James & Tobias of Cloghane, were there other siblings?
- James Hickson, born 1825 in Co Kerry, married Mary Crain 1854 in Cinncinnati, Ohio
- Tobias Hickson, born 1834, died 1864 in Otter Creek, Iowa. He married Mary Leahy
- Robert Hickson married Bridget Sullivan and they had a daughter, Mary, baptised 1823 in Killarney
- Robert Hickson married Cath. Mc Mahon and had a son, Robert, baptised 1823 in Killarney
- Robert Hickson, born ca 1790, Rev. B.A. Trinity, Dublin - Ex Representative Church Body Library, Dublin
- Robert Hickson married Ellen Hare and had a daughter, Elizabeth, baptised 1824 in Killarney
- Catherine Hickson married John Sheehy and had a daughter, Nancy, baptised 1829 in Dingle parish
- Christopher Hickson was born 1798 in Kerry. RIC
- John James & Mary Hickson had a daughter, Sarah, baptised 1831 in Tralee
- Edward Hickison had a daughter, Isabella, ca 1832. Templecorran, Co Antrim
- Robert Hickson, M.D. - Ex Dublin Directory 1836
- Robert Hickson of Listowel - Ex Slater's Directory 1846
- Robert Hickson, J.P. of Dingle - Ex Representative Church Body Library, Dublin
- John Hickson, Religious census 1834, Ballyferriter, Dublin
- Robert Hickson, Religious census 1834, Teeravane, Dunurlin parish
- Richard Hickson married Margaret Jeffcott and had a daughter, Margaret, in 1834
- Anne Nanse Hickson, born ca 1802, married James Ashe ca 1823 in Dingle parish
- Jane Hickson born ca 1804, of Cork, married Stephen Ford, 1825 in Cork
- John Hickson married Margaret O'Shea 1826 in Balliferrites, Co Kerry
- Robert M D Hickson married Margaret Achinghead ca 1829. They lived in Killarney
- Anna Hickson married James Daly ca 1825 "in Ireland"
- Isaac Hickison, born ca 1807, of Londonderry. He had two children in Coleraine
- Mary Hixon married John Carrol 1829 in Waterford
- John Hickson married Ellen O'Connor 1830 in Tralee
- Margaret Hickson married Richard Walsh and they had a son, John, baptised 1842 in Askeaton, Limerick
- William Hickson married Ann Bradford 1810. They lived at Bracklin Castle on the Estate of Lord Feathersone,
- Richard Hickson married Mary Ann Carter 1831. He was a shopkeeper in Killorglin, Co Kerry
- William & Anne Hickson had a son, William, baptised 1843 in Drumcree, Westmeath
- Mr Hickson was a Headmaster in Co Kerry - No dates known
- John Hickson - Cloonites, Dunurlin, Co Kerry - Griffith's Valuation, 1851-2
- Theresa Hickson, 1811-1885, died in Fermoyle, Co Kerry
- Mary Hickson married John Batts ca 1836. They lived in Askeaton, Co Limerick
- Anne Hickson married Rowland Eagar 1836 in Kilcolman, Co Kerry
- James Hickson married Bridget Kugan ca 1839. James was born ca 1817 in Ireland. They lived in Perce, Quebec
- Margaret Hickson, born 1818, died 1861 in Tralee
- Richard Hickson was born 1818 in Co Mayo. RIC
- Margaret Hickson married Corn. Lynch 1840 in Killarney
- George Hickson married Mary Sullivan 1841 in Killarney
- Christopher Hixon was born 1822, labourer of Tralee, from the passenger lists of Blennerville
on the Heather-Bell 1849
- Ellen Hickson was born 1822 in Tralee. Was she Mrs Blackney?
- Ellen Hickson married Eugene Flaherty 1845 in Dingle
- Ann Hickson married Robert Cranfield in 1800. Tralee
- Henry Hixon married Elizabeth Wilson 1845 in Kilskeer, Co Meath
- Mary Anne Hickson, born 1824, married William Henderson 1847 in Mid[d]leton, Co Cork
- William Hickson married Theodora Eagar 1845 in Dingle, Co Kerry
- William Hickson had a son, Theodore Eagar Hickson, 1859 in Blennerville
- Ellen Hickson married unknown 1847 in Tralee
- Ann Hickson married Felix Cronin ca 1845, Kilgarvin, Co Kerry
- Catherine Hickson married Mathew Gray 1846 in St Anne's, Shandon, Cork
- Mary Ann Hickson of Blennerville was a Mineral Water Manufacturer in 1886
- John Christopher Hickson of Co Kerry was in prison (no date)
- Catherine Hickson married John Barry 1848 "in Ireland"
- Robert Hickson married Elizabeth O'Brien 1849 in Ireland
- There was a Mary Hickson who lived in Blennerville. No dates
- There was someone called R A Hickson of Kerry. No dates
- James Hickson was born 1829 in Co Meath. RIC
- Christopher Hickson had a son, Richard, who married Margaret Nelson 1850 "in Ireland". They lived in Sligo
- Thomas Hickson married Mary Shiel ca 1853. They lived in Waterford. He was a Bandmaster with
- Theodore Hickson was born 1830 in Kerry. RIC
- These Hickson siblings, of Tralee, all died within a month of being born
- Morgan, 1827
- Agnes, 1830
- Lucy, 1833
- E Hickson was a Broker in 1886 in Blennerville. Is this Edward Hickson who shot a Royal Sturgeon ... ?
- Margaret Hickson married Edward Baxter 1852 in Caherconey, Co Limerick
- Ann Hixon married Thomas Fitzsimons. They had a daughter, Elizabeth, 1864 in Clonmellon, Westmeath
- Helena Hickson married Edwin Peel. They had a son, Jeremiah, 1864 in Glenavy, Co Antrim
- James Hickson was born 1831 in Co Limerick. RIC
- James Hickson was born 1831 in Co Kerry
- John Hickson was born 1831 in Meath. RIC
- Robert Conway Hickson was born 1831. He lived in Fermoyle & Woodville, Tralee.
I wonder if the date is an error, or if his name should be Robert James Hickson
- William Hickison, born ca 1832 in Coleraine, Co Londonderry, married Jame Conn 1857 in Coleraine
- Jane Hickson married Walter Hussey ca 1864, Dublin
- John Hickson married Mary Kenny ca 1864. Parsonstown, Offaly
- Mary Anne Hickson married Arthur Hill Watson ca 1864. Fermanagh
- Mary Hickson married James Henessy Coxon ca 1864. Co Cork
- Mary Hickson married John Mc Ellistrum ca 1864. Ballyduff, Co Kerry
- Patrick Hickson married Honoria Donnell ca 1864. Castlegregory, Co Kerry
- Ann Hickson, born 1832 in Camp, Ireland married Patrick O'Hollaren
- Christopher Hickson married Hanoria Murphey ca 1863. Anascaul, Co Kerry
- Christopher Hickson married Mary Kenny ca 1865. Kilgobban, Co Kerry
- William Hickson married Honoria Lyne ca 1865. Dingle
- James Hickson married Kate Frizill ca 1866. Milltown district, Co Kerry
- Robert Hickeson married Ann Moody and had a daughter, Bella Maria Jane in 1867 in Waringstown, Co Down
- William Hickson married Sarah Miller ca 1866. Co Tyrone
- William Hickson, born ca 1835 in Co Kerry, died in Hull. He had at least 4 children,
one called John William, born ca 1864 in Co Kerry.
2 sons were priests in Ireland
- R & M Hickson were married in 1856, Sligo. Their son, Robert was born ca 1857. He married Jane
- Henry Hickson married Margaret Payne ca 1863. Co Kildare
- Isabella Hickson married William Long ca 1863. Dublin
- James Hickson was born 1869 in Londonderry. RIC
- Johanna Hickson married Patrick Currane ca 1863. Anascaul, Co Kerry
- John Hickson married Mary Jane Mash ca 1863. Crossmolina, Co Mayo
- Joseph Hickson married Bridget Lyons ca 1863. Co Clare
- Julia Agnes Hickson married Samuel Murray Hussey ca 1863. Co Cork
- Stephen Hickson married Ellen Herlihy ca 1863. Anascaul, Co Kerry
- Honora Hickson married Daniel McKenna ca 1864. Dingle
- Thomas Hickson married Johana Sullivan ca 1864. Milltown, Co Kerry
- Thomas Hickson married Mary Ryan ca 1864. Co Limerick
- Catherinae Hixon married Patricii Downey ca 1870. Co Limerick
- Margaret Hickison married William Patton ca 1873. Co Antrim
- Anne Hickson married Hugh Gleazier 1864 in Kilorglin, Co Kerry
- Eliza Hickison married John Blair ca 1868. Co Antrim
- Margaret Hickson married Edward Baxter ca 1870. Co Cork
- James Hickson. Date of Arrival 1894. Date of Oath 1896
- William Hixon married Hanora and they had a son, James, in 1854, who married Hanora Crehan.
James & Hanora emigrated to Massachusetts, USA
- James Hickson, born 1859, was an unmarried Private in the Royal Navy in 1881 on the vessel "Euphrates"
- Hester Ellen Hickson married James E Donegan ca 1877 in Limerick, Ireland or Victoria, Australia.
They emigrated to Australia
- Edward Robert Hickson married Kate Massy Palmer 1884 in Tralee
- Thomas Hickson of Co Carlow married Elizabeth Kenny of Castlebar, Co Mayo, just before the turn of the century.
They lived at 87 Rathmines, Dublin
- Robert Hickson was born ca 1870 in Co Kerry. He had a son, Robert, born ca 1890
- William J Hickson, born 1870, married Elizabeth McMullen
- R A Hickson was a landowner in Kerry in 1876
- R C E Hickson was a landowner in Kerry in 1876
- Rg Hickson was a landowner in Kerry in 1876
Emigrants from Castlegregory, Co Kerry
Hicksons found in the Casey Collection in Co Kerry
Some cuttings about Hicksons in Co Kerry taken from local papers.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]