Cumberland and Cumbria
Places in which Hicksons have been found in Cumberland or Cumbria, England:
If you would like more details of Hicksons in any particular place please
People (heads of families)
You've found someone who interests you and don't know how to get more information?
Send me a message telling me as much as you know about this family and I will try
to help you by telling you all I know
For more information contact: Anthony Hickson
- Stephen Hixson married Elizabeth Bell 1723 in Arthuret.
- James Herbert Hickson died 1838 in Great Broughton (Yorkshire or Cumberland
- there is a Boughton in Cumberland)
- Margaret Hickson married Charles Coffin 1763 in Wetheral.
- Mary Hickson married John Holiday 1772 in Holme Cultram.
- Mary Hickson was the mother of Ben who was baptised 1795 in Whitehaven.
- Jno Hickson, son of Pn Hickson, was baptised 1795 in Whitehaven.
John Hickson married Jane Hodgson 1803 in Bowness on Solway.
- Mary, daughter of William & Hannah Hixon/Hickson, was baptised 1828 in Kirkbampton.
- Jane Hickson married John Turner 1823 in Bowness on Solway.
- William Hickson was born 1807 in Bowness. He was a platelayer.
- Matthew Henry, son of Henry and Maria Hickson, nee Douglas,
was baptised 1843 in Wetheral.
- Mary Anne, daughter of George & Mary Hixon, was baptised 1843 in Workington.
- E Phoebe Higson was born 1812 in Whitehaven.
- Richard Higson was born 1818 in Whitehaven. He married Rachel.
- Euphemia Hickson married John Irving 1846 in Bowness on Solway.
- Elizabeth, daughter of Stephen Higson, was born 1854 in Carlisle.
- Edward Hickson, born 1835, was a Shoemaker living in Cumberland in 1881.
- Annie Louisa Hickson, born 1837 in Solden, was also living in Cumberland in 1881.
Were Edward and Annie Louisa siblings?
- Mary, daughter of Henry & Maria Hickson, was born 1841 in Wigton.
- Edward Hickson was born 1854 in Carlisle. He was in the Royal Navy
C W Hickson. Around 1870 he was performing baptisms at St Paul's Chapel of Ease,
Frizington (Parish of Arlecdon).
- Joseph Hickson was born ca 1874. He married Jane Greaves and was buried in 1968 in Carlisle
- John Joseph Hickson begat John Joseph Hickson who begat John Joseph Hickson.
This family comes from Cumberland.
- Mary Hickson and her daughter, Mary, lived in Cumberland Township, Pennsylvania in the 16th century.
- John Hixon/Hixson enlisted 1862 and fought at Murfreesboro, Cumberland Gap.
- Allie Hixson, 1886-1968, Cumberland, Tennessee
- The Hicksons don't seem to have moved to Dalston until David William Hickson started gardening there.
He was born 1898.
His Great Grandparents,
John & Jane, came from Bowness on Solway